Student Shoutout: Maggy
Name: Maggy Crawford
School: Blue Valley High School
1) Describe yourself in 3 words: Dependable, Funny, Caring.
2) Why did you get involved with REbeL? It seemed like an amazing program because I was in 7th grade at the time when I was exposed to it and that is around the time where all you want is to fit in and to look like the girls in the magazine and REbeL really helped me understand that I don’t need to be like everyone else.
3) What is the most important thing you do on a daily basis to build your self confidence? I try not to spend hours in front of the mirror getting ready and I try to compliment myself and others.
4) What would be your advice to students struggling with body image issues? Just be you! You were made this way for a reason and you are perfect the way you are. So many people enjoy you as who you are. You are unique and different for a reason. You may have imperfections but everyone does. Nobody is perfect. You are perfectly-imperfect.
5) What do you love most about yourself: My positive outlook on situations and my ability to make others laugh and smile.