May 10, 2014
Get ready to “Rock What You Got” and be a part of the 4th Annual Walk to REbeL! Join us for a fun-filled morning where you can:
- Get some exercise
- Feed your body
- Tell us what you LOVE about yourself in the photo booth
- Make something cool in the Lil’ Rebels Kid Zone
- Bring your well-behaved, calm, and on-a-leash dogs to strut their stuff with you
- Win a prize, and . . .
- Become empowered to stage your own RebeLution!
The walk is our largest annual fundraiser and provides critical monetary support for our mission. Whether you participate in the walk, join a team, support an individual or a team with a donation, sponsor the event, or share our event on social media, you will have an impact on our success!
Walk with us to REbeL against…
- Society’s unrealistic standards of beauty.
- Advertisements that lower your self-esteem and make you feel “not good enough.”
- The photo-shopped and digitally-enhanced pictures you see in the media that make you feel “less than.”
- Any form of bullying.
- The diet mentality and the practice of making your appearance more important than your health.
- Negative body image and body discrimination.
- Being anyone but your beauty-full self.
STUDENTS (5 TO 18)
|1/15/14 through 4/10/14||$25.00||$20.00|
|4/11/14 through 5/8/14**||$30.00||$25.00|
|After 5/8/14** including Day of the Walk||$35.00||$30.00|
**Online registration ends at 7 p.m. CST on 5/8/14. After that time, all registrations will be walk-up only.
Registration for kids under the age of 5 is not required, unless they desire a T-shirt.
T-shirt size will only be guaranteed for registrations received on or before 4/30/14.
How to Register:
- Click on the “Register” link
- Enter your personal information and complete your payment information to finalize the registration. You will receive an email confirming your completed registration.
- In your confirmation email there will be a link if you would like to create or join a team.
Teams and Individual Fundraising
Gather your crew, gang, clan, BFF’s, or your posse and create a team that will take the Walk to REbeL by storm! The “Rock What You Got” Walk to REbeL gives you the chance to register as a team and “bring it” as a group. We hope you will be inspired to show everyone your crazy and confident selves, and have some fun with costumes, team names, creating a REbeL-oriented theme to your group, etc. In addition, we also hope that your group will be inspired to do some individual and team fundraising to benefit REbeL, and at the same time you can win some AWESOME PRIZES! Don’t have a team you can join?? Never fear . . . you can fundraise as an individual and still receive the same rewards!
If you wish to create or join a team, complete your registration first and then you will receive a link to create or join a team.
The amount that each individual fundraises will be counted towards both individual and, if applicable, team awards.
To encourage you to work together as a team and to encourage your teammates to raise funds, there will be team-based rewards and prizes!
|Raise at least $2000||Your own team tent, team picture, fruit and bagels in your tent|
|Top fundraising team||Your team leads the walk, team dinner with Dr. Laura eickman, team tent, fruit and bagels in your tent|
|Other awards include||Most crazy /creative team
Largest team (number of registered participants)
Most spirited team
Largest individual and corporate fundraiser
|$100||Drawstring Bag, Bumper Sticker|
|$500||Drawstring Bag, Bumper Sticker, Tumbler|
|$1,000||Drawstring Bag, Bumper Sticker, Tumbler, Exclusive Performance Shirt|
|$1,500||Drawstring Bag, Bumper Sticker, Tumbler, Exclusive Performance Shirt, Quarter Zip Up|
To Donate to an individual or team:
Click here if you would like to make a fundraising donation in support of an individual or a team.